Party time for the Silicon Trust! All three Executive Committee members – Infineon, G&D and Gemalto – walked away with a Sesame award at last night’s ceremony.
In 2012, the finalist projects honored not only NFC applications but also security in the Cloud, emphasising the increasing convergence between mobility and security.
The winners on the night were:
- Hardware: NXP with Next Generation NFC Radio Controller
- Software: Intrinsic-ID with Saturnus ® Identification / ID Cards / Health
- Identification / ID Cards / Health: Sunward Telecom Limited with 13.56 MHz RF-SIM IT
- Security: Morpho with EMV Pro Digit
- Transportation: Infineon Technologies AG with Security Controller for Transport Applications
- Banking / Retail / Loyalty: Toro Development Ltd with Akami Suite
- Trusted Internet / Authentication: NXP Semiconductors Austria GmbH with Mobile POS for eTicket and stored value reload
- Mobility: Oberthur Technologies with Multi-brand NFC Payment Wallet
- e-Transactions: Giesecke & Devrient with Portigo
- Manufacturing & Tests: Gemalto with PrintPixel
- Discovery: RCDEVS SARL with OpenOTP/TiQR Authentication Server
The SESAMES Awards reward the best technological innovations in terms of smart cards, digital security, identification, secure transactions and contactless since 1995. The projects submitted are presented to 38 jury members, international experts recognized in their field, who choose the finalists and the winners of the SESAMES Awards, in total impartiality and confidentiality of entries, thus highlighting the most dynamic and most ingenious companies.