Precise Biometrics AB
Year-end report for the period January – December 2011
- The group’s net sales for the financial year was SEK 21.6 million (44.9) and for the fourth quarter SEK 4.8 million (6.3).
- The group’s result for the year was SEK-33.2 million (-14.6) and for the fourth quarter SEK -9.2 million (-4.4)
- Earning per share for the year amounted to SEK -0.20 (-0.11) and for the fourth quarter SEK -0.05 (-0.03).
- Available cash at the end of the financial year was SEK 28.9 million (24.5).
Important events during the year
- Precise Biometrics was top ranked in the MINEX II test, the most important US government test for standardized Match-on-Card. This has further strengthened Precise Biometrics position on the important US federal government market.
- Precise Match-on-Card™ was selected for Nigerian National ID Card. The card will function both as national ID and as a bank card. In expected value, this national ID project is the largest so far won by Precise Biometrics.
- Precise Biometrics has signed several strategically important partnerships during the year. Giesecke & Devrient will provide Precise Match‐on‐Card™ technology for use on their smartcards. GD Burti is signed as an exclusive distributor of fingerprint & smartcard readers in Brazil. NXP will provide Precise Biometrics’ Match-on-Card technology on their chips used on smart ID cards.
- Precise Biometrics released a new family of fingerprint readers, Precise Sense™, targeted for volume sales towards the banking and enterprise segments.
- Precise Biometrics launched a new software product, Precise BioMatch™ Embedded, which enables hardware companies to quickly integrate fingerprint verification in their products.
- The company continued to build and strengthen the organization with primary focus on the recruitment of marketing and sales expertise to our largest market in the US.
- Precise Biometrics’ completed a rights issue, with preferential rights, which supplied the Company with SEK 48.6 million after related costs. The rights issue was subscribed to 119% and was carried out as a part of the company’s strategic plan – Plan 2015.
Important events after the end of the year
- Precise Biometrics launches a smart casing with a built-in smart card reader and fingerprint sensor. The smart casing will be available for the most popular smart phone and tablet computer brands in 2012 and 2013.
- Precise Biometrics: Next Generation of Mobile Security for Smart Devices: Smart Casings with Smart Card & Fingerprint Reader (silicontrust.wordpress.com)
- Precise Biometrics appoints CPS as Distributor / Reseller (silicontrust.wordpress.com)