The Munich-based technology group Giesecke & Devrient (G&D) will be showcasing its latest innovations in mobile security at CARTES in Asia, the international trade show being hosted by Hong Kong from March 29 to 31, 2011. The company’s end-to-end mobile payment solutions include hardware, server software, and related services. The spotlight at the fair will be focused on the topics of NFC Payment and Transit, Secure Online Banking, Online Data Management, White Label Payment, Machine-to-Machine (M2M) Networking, and Subscriber Experience Management. G&D’s solutions address the needs not only of banks and mobile network operators but also of public transportation providers, private companies and OEMs, and public authorities and governments.
At the exhibition, G&D will be presenting an extensive range of digital security solutions and smart technologies for mobile applications. The stand is divided into six “islands”, each devoted to a specific technology or solution area.
- The NFC Payment and Transit exhibit focuses on mobile payment solutions for cell phones. Devices equipped with a near field communication (NFC) interface can be used for cashless payment of rail tickets and entrance tickets. G&D’s lifecycle management solutions ensure the security of such Over-the-Air (OTA) applications. As well as supplying the necessary hardware, the company also provides solutions to guarantee the secure transfer and personalization of sensitive applications.
- Secure E-Banking covers secure online banking via PC or cell phone. Users are identified by means of strong authentication devices such as secure USB token or MicroSD cards supplied by G&D. Related G&D services include generating the required keys and IDs, and integrating the system in a bank portal, for example.
- The Online Data Management exhibit focuses on the Convego Service Data Gateway, which offers card-issuing institutions a convenient means of managing their data. In combination with its online service portal, G&D offers an end-to-end solution for transparent data management at all levels of a global personalization network.
- White Label Payment and Loyalty brings together the closed payment and bonus systems that retail customers and banks can employ to establish their own payment transaction systems and customer loyalty programs. G&D functions as a one-stop supplier of all the components required in this field – including cards, terminal management, and back-office systems – which it tailors to meet each customer’s specific needs.
- The Machine-to-Machine (M2M) Networking exhibit features robust M2M SIM cards for machine-to-machine communication, and an M2M platform for the remote management of M2M SIM cards and modules Over-the-Air (OTA). This technology is spreading rapidly and already supports numerous applications in the automotive and retail sectors. It is also increasingly being used for the automated, remote reading of gas, electricity and water meters.
- The Subscriber Experience Management exhibit presents G&D’s solutions for the remote administration of SIM cards, mobile devices and applications Over-the-Air (OTA) via the mobile network. These solutions address the needs of mobile network operators and application providers as they work to deliver the best possible subscriber experience. These products facilitate as well the transfer of applications and electronic identities OTA, including the downloading of secure keys to mobile devices, SIM cards, and MicroSD cards.
Visitors to CARTES in Asia 2011 are invited to find out more about G&D’s portfolio of secure solutions at Stand 3 C 10 in Hall 3.