Bundesdruckerei GmbH has acquired a majority share in the German IT security specialist, genua gmbh, based in Kirchheim near Munich. genua specialises in network security solutions and focuses on customers with special IT security requirements – above all mechanical engineering companies and public authorities. Its product range includes firewalls, virtual private networks (VPNs) for secure data exchange on the Internet, remote maintenance solutions for machinery and IT systems, as well as solutions for mobile security.
“genua’s portfolio rounds off Bundesdruckerei’s product range perfectly – this acquisition is part of our strategy as a provider of full IT security solutions for public authorities and SMEs”, Ulrich Hamann, CEO of Bundesdruckerei.
genua gmbh was founded in 1992 by Dr. Michaela Harlander, Dr. Magnus Harlander and Bernhard Schneck. All its products are developed and manufactured in Germany. It has a staff of 200 working at its main site in Kirchheim and branch offices in Berlin, Cologne and Stuttgart. Bundesdruckerei is acquiring a 52 percent share. The remaining 48 percent will remain with the company’s founders, who will continue to be responsible for the company’s executive management.
“We are happy to have found, in Bundesdruckerei, a strong partner who follows the same philosophy as we do: high-security solutions made in Germany. Our solutions complement each other ideally and we see considerable business potential in public authorities, government agencies and, above all, in the industrial sector”, Dr. Michaela Harlander, co-founder and managing director of genua, stated. The company will continue to operate independently on the market.
Bundesdruckerei offers innovative solutions relating to full IT security management. These are aimed primarily at companies and institutions. ”We have made significant progress in the past few years: from a printer of passports, ID cards, banknotes and stamps, to a provider of comprehensive security systems for both the analogue and the digital world”, said Mr. Hamann. Here, the company sets its main focus on secure identities i. e. the question of: Is this person really the person he/she claims to be? As Mr. Hamann underlined: “Our solutions focus on security, efficiency and customer benefit – allowing companies and authorities to concentrate on their own core processes”.